In view of the need of the hour to work under regulatory regime, Regulatory Cell was formed in FY 2005 after formation of Mahagenco. In order to enhance a commercial approach in company’s working, Commercial activities were added to the portfolio of Regulatory Dept. This section is working under Director (Finance) / Executive Director (F&C), and Chief Engineer is the section in-charge.
MSPGCL REGULATORY AFFAIRS:
- All the works related to all Aggregate Revenue requirement (ARR) / Annual Performance Review (APR) tariff petition of Mahagenco with MERC, APTEL
- Appeals challenging the orders
- Analysis of Orders received from MERC and according to decide on way ahead( to file “Review” before MERC or Appeal at Appellate Tribunal (APTEL) New Delhi or alternatives available)
- Matters in supreme court if any
- Providing guidelines/suggestions to stations/ concerned authorities as per the MERC/APTEL orders
- Power purchase agreement for the generating stations.
- Raising monthly Energy Bills, FAC and other bills to MSEDCL and other billing related activities
- Discuss various important issues in different forums like Backing down, FAC calculation, merit order dispatch
- Keeping in touch with other generating utilities performance & regulatory matters.
- Study of emerging energy trading market scenario and prepare our self-ready for the future.