On World Earth Day, Maharashtra State Power Generation Co. Ltd.(MAHAGENCO) organized “Maharashtra Energy Global Partnership” session and entered in collaboration with Australia & Germany. The program was organized by Circular Economy Alliance Australia (CEAA) and Theistic Business Consultants in partnership with MAHAGENCO. Memorandum of Understanding was signed with CEAA on adoption successful templates of Circular Economy on the areas of Fly Ash utilization and Carbon footprint reduction. The event also launched “Maharashtra Australia Sustainable Energy Alliance – MHAUSEA” – a proposed think tank of Global experts in Energy sector.
To develop strategies to address the Challenges faced by Maharashtra State through Transformative Technological advancement in partnership with Australia.
To develop generation of power through clean & sustainable sources to the citizens at affordable costs through sustainable initiatives about Australia.
- To reduce emissions by 26 to 28% below 2005 levels by 2030.
- Technology-led approach to emissionreductions
- To net zero emissions by 2050.
- Contributes to climate change mitigation through carbon sequestration as well as other co-benefits including enhancing biodiversity, food security, sustainable livelihoods, increasing resilience and contributing to climate adaptation.
- Carbon footprint & emissions reduction for Maharashtra in partnership with Australia’s Long-term Emissions Reduction Plan: Achieving Net Zero by 2050
- Australia have invested $35 billion in renewable energy since 2017. Successful renewable energy models will be observed Low emission technology & 8 times faster installations in Australia to be invited to Maharashtra.
- Priority areas include – Clean hydrogen | Ultra-Low cost solar | Energy Storage
- Building Future infrastructure in partnership.
- Developing investment roadmap to be leveraged from Global institutions, Government & Private sector Creating new sectoral employment opportunities with skill & capacity building programs